At our beach, at our magic beach . . .
Alison Lester’s classic book comes to life on stage in a wonderful world of song, light, shadow, text and movement for children aged 3-8 and their adults.
Every year, an everyday family go on a beach holiday. This isn’t just any beach – it’s Magic Beach, where everything you can imagine becomes real. But this year is different. As the eldest child begins to grow up, does she have to leave the magic behind?
From the team behind The Gruffalo and The 13-, 26-, 52-, 78- and 91-Storey Treehouses, this new Australian adaptation from multi-award winning playwright Finegan Kruckemeyer is a celebration of the power of the imagination and the differences that make every child special.
Alison Lester - Book Author / Adaptation Consultant
Finegan Kruckemeyer - Playwright / Adaptor
Liesel Badorrek - Director
Isla Shaw - Set/Costume/Puppet Designer
Gail Priest - Composer/Sound Designer
Nicholas Higgins - Lighting Designer
Note: Suitable for children aged 3-8 and their adults.
Duration: 55 minutes
- Thursday 27 January, 12pm
- Thursday 27 January, 2.30pm
“A magic children’s show – full of giggles, imaginative play and fun.” - WA TODAY
To book please purchase a ticket through our booking system. Select the 'Book now' button below or telephone our friendly box office team on 8571 1666.
This program will be delivered in person at the location listed below.
Participants will require the following
- Contact details (Name, email address, contact number) to check-in on the day
- Smartphone/smart device to scan QR Code (If you do not, there will be staff to check you in)
- Proof of vaccination (COVID-19 digital certificate) or a medical exemption will be required upon entry. Find out how you can get your COVID-19 digital certificate.
- Face masks must be carried and worn if social distancing cannot be maintained
To meet COVIDSafe requirements, please be aware some programs and events may be moved online or cancelled.
All COVIDSafe guidelines will be fully met to ensure public safety for this event. All attendees must be checked in via QR Code.